Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We do things and wish we hadn't; we say things that we wish we never thought; we think we've learned lessons the hard way, only to find that we're doing it all wrong again....

That's a circle I take over and over again.  Sometimes it's on the edge of burying me in discouragement and then I go around one more time.

We do things we wish we hadn't and He forgives us; we say things we wish we'd never thought and He dries our tears; we think we've learned lessons the hard way....and He still welcomes our confession.  He blots out all of our sins against Him, He holds us in His arms, He forgives us for not resting in Him, He takes our burden, He leads us home.

And now I'm not so sad I went around the circle again because the more I can see that I've been forgiven, the more I can know how much He loves.

His mercies are new every morning.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I'm so thankful He mercies are new every single morning! Hugs, Annie - miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that!! I miss you too. *hug back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, by the way!

    ReplyDelete